The Forbes Historical Museum Image Library contains images, text, maps and other materials and data.
The full terms and conditions of your license for the use of images, text or maps from Forbes Historical Museum are
Agreement to these terms and conditions will result in the granting of a non-exclusive right to use the selected
film, image, video, text or map for the permitted purpose.
This license will terminate immediately upon the expiry of the agreed term of use, or upon breach of the terms and
By downloading, or otherwise making use of, any of the content on a Forbes Historical Museum website you expressly agree to
be bound by the terms and conditions.
You agree to indemnify Forbes Historical Museum against all actions, suits, claims, demands and costs.
Forbes Historical Museum is the owner of all copyrights and intellectual property rights in all content contained on
Forbes Historical Museum websites unless otherwise noted in the description of the material.
You agree to pay Forbes Historical Museum any fees associated with use of Forbes Historical Museum. All invoices must be
paid in Australian dollars.
It is your responsibility to provide Forbes Historical Museum with details of how the material will be used.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE
- Terms And Conditions
- In these terms and conditions, we or us means Forbes Historical Museum.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of Forbes Historical Museum as accessed
through this site (Site). By using this Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By accessing Forbes Historical Museum through this Site we agree to grant you a non-exclusive license to use specific
material bound by these terms and conditions. We may terminate your license at any time with immediate effect if
you fail to comply with these terms and conditions.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take
effect when they are posted.
- Your use of some parts or features of the Site may be governed by additional terms and conditions. Where this is
the case you will be notified accordingly, and those additional terms and conditions:
- will apply to your use of such parts of the Site or features in addition to these terms and conditions; and
- will prevail over these terms and conditions to the extent of any inconsistency.
Forbes Historical Museum shall use its best endeavours to supply to you such materials as you may require to exercise the
rights granted. You must warrant that such copies shall be used only within the production, and the use in any
other context without the permission of Forbes Historical Museum is excluded. Upon completion of the production you shall
destroy or return to Forbes Historical Museum all copies of any footage. You shall be responsible for all laboratory,
carriage and customs in respect of the manufactured copies of any footage. Material is supplied on a strictly non
exclusive basis for use in the one specified production only.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that the Content on the Site is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property
rights. In these terms and conditions, Content includes things that you may see, read, hear, down load or access
on or via the Site (including but not limited to messages, files, data, software, images, photographs,
illustrations, text and other materials).
- Unless you are expressly authorised by law you must not yourself, or participate in or permit any other
- sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost or
otherwise use any of the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, other than that provided for
by license, without our prior written consent; or
- otherwise infringe the intellectual property rights of any person in using the Site or any Content.
- Nothing you do on or in relation to the Site will transfer any intellectual property rights to you or licence
you to exercise any intellectual property rights unless this is expressly stated.
- You agree that our marketing logo and our corporate logo "Forbes Historical Museum" are our trademarks. All rights in
these trademarks are reserved by us. All other trademarks appearing on our Site are the property of their
- Forbes Historical Museum reserves all rights in the content of the Site and the appropriate copyright holder is to be
credited at all times.
- Content Of Site
- We attempt to keep the Content of the Site up to date. However, we do not warrant the accuracy or currency of
- You acknowledge that the Content on the Site is liable to change at any time.
- All prices quoted on the Site are in Australian dollars, unless otherwise indicated.
- Prices quoted on the Site should be used as a guide only as they may change from time to time.
- Your Use Of The Site
- You must not:
- disrupt or interfere with the Site or servers or other software, hardware or equipment connected to or
via the Site;
- reproduce any Content from our Site without our express written permission, which we may withhold or
grant (on terms acceptable to us), in our absolute discretion;
- violate any Applicable Law relating to your use of the Site; or
- collect or store personal data about other users of the Site.
- In these terms and conditions, Applicable Law in relation to any person, action or thing means the following
inrelation to that person, action or thing;
- any law, rule or regulation of any country (or political sub-division of a country);
- any obligation under any licence in any country (or political sub-division of a country); and
- any lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator in any country (or political
sub-division of a country).
- Links And Advertisements
- We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and are not responsible for the content or accuracy
of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this Site (including without limitation sites linked through
advertisements or through any search engines). The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the
linked site, and you use the links at your own risk. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any
claims arising out of the descriptions or information supplied to us.
- Your correspondence or dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers on the Site are solely
between you and such advertisers. We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort
incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of advertisements on the Site
- During your use of the Site, we may issue to and request from your computer blocks of data known as "cookies".
By using this site you authorise us to issue such cookies to your computer. You must not alter any cookies sent
to your computer from the Site and you must ensure that your computer sends correct and accurate cookies in
response to any relevant request from the Site.
- Use Of The Site Is At Your Risk
- Subject to paragraph (b), you use the Site at your risk and everything on the Site is provided to you "as
is" and "as available" without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but
not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-
infringement. We exclude all representations and warranties to the fullest extent permissible under any
- If a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion of implied warranties in accordance with paragraph (a) but
allows limitations of a certain maximum extent then we limit our warranties to that extent.
- Limitations Of Liabilities
- To the extent permitted by law our aggregate liability to you, whether for breach of these terms or in
negligence or in any other tort or for any other common law or statutory cause of action arising in relation to
these terms, the Site or the Content is limited to the following, the choice of which is at our sole
- In the case of goods any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- To the extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect
damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated
savings resulting from your access to, or use of, or inability to use the Site and the Content, whether based on
warranty, contract, tort, negligence or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of
- If a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability in accordance with paragraph (a) or
(b) but allows a limitation of a certain maximum extent then our liability is limited to that extent.
- General Provision
- If any part of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part must be given effect to the
greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.